Monday, February 27, 2006

Claudine


Last week I turned 27. Although there's probably a lot to write about turning 27, that's not the point of this particular post, but yet turning 27 just led to a recent musical discovery that I am quite pleased with. In the coarse of turning 27 I had a party. During this party we played some old swanky Peter Sellers movies such as What's New Pussycat as well as The Pink Panther and and of course " The Party ." Well on Sunday I actually really watched The Party and during a scene was mesmorized by this French singer/actress in the film. Of course using the trusty ole interweb, I found this darling to be Claudine Longet. Further research led me to her fascinating story .

Well after reading, hearing and seeing I had to find some material, in particular the one song she plays in The Party. I went straight to Bop Street, aka my favorite store perhaps in the whole wide world because you can find just about anything on vinyl, and found her first four records and bought all four. I am in complete awe. I sat all day at home, as Claudine took me and Cash into another world, the sweet french accent she has makes any song she sings just about the cutest thing ever. And apparently because of all the controversy, she's not all that easy to find in record stores, but I am now on a mission to own every single album. I couldn't find the song she sang in the movie, written by Henry Mancini, apparently it is only on the soundtrack to the movie and I'm pretty sure only on the CD version. I will find that song however, entitled Nothing to Lose. Or if anyone ever sees a vinyl version of this song, by all means, buy it for me.

1 comment:

becki said...

Okay, so I linked to YOUR page on my most recent post about Lent. What what! Write more!